Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 650L - yep its not an XR but I need "hep"

Go down

My 650L - yep its not an XR but I need "hep" Empty My 650L - yep its not an XR but I need "hep"

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Greetings fellow 2 wheelers - My 1997 bulletproof 650L is letting me down. "Sometimes" hot or cold, in gear or out, when I try and start my bike, I get a click from where the batt is, I think its from/around that little elec box I replaced a few months ago. I move the bike around in gear a little and then it starts, but its freaking dangerous when you like to turn the bike off during long red lights. That little box was $150, is it possible that a part of it is crapped out already ? "Hep"! !

Back to top Go down

My 650L - yep its not an XR but I need "hep" Empty Re: My 650L - yep its not an XR but I need "hep"

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Well Shane,

I'd say your best bet would be to ask on a forum!
Oh wait, this is one..... but here we dunno nada about batteries, we've got kickstarters here.
You see, this is the XR650R forum, where air cools our radiators Bump

Back to top Go down

My 650L - yep its not an XR but I need "hep" Empty Re: My 650L - yep its not an XR but I need "hep"

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:16 pm

But to answer you in more detail although it's difficult to guess what that little 'box' is, know that the ignition module of the L sometimes has problems in developing a 'loose' connection - which can be patched yourself if handy, but you'd better google for this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:14 pm

Shane Thomas wrote:Greetings fellow 2 wheelers - My 1997 bulletproof 650L is letting me down. "Sometimes" hot or cold, in gear or out, when I try and start my bike, I get a click from where the batt is, I think its from/around that little elec box I replaced a few months ago.  I move the bike around in gear a little and then it starts, but its freaking dangerous when you like to turn the bike off during long red lights. That little box was $150, is it possible that a part of it is crapped out already ?  "Hep"! !
What you have described seems to be starter motor gear not engaging or jamming in flywheel ring gear,i am just assuming it is the same set up as cars and trucks,when you move the bike in gear it moves the flywheel a small amount and frees up the starter motor gear, could be you have starter motor issues or worn ring gear on the flywheel , just a thought listen up StirPot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:19 am

Yeh no wucken furries, thanks for that, cheers mate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down