Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photobucket Now charging for 3rd Party Image Hosting

2 posters

Go down

Photobucket Now charging for 3rd Party Image Hosting Empty Photobucket Now charging for 3rd Party Image Hosting

Post  Guest Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi guys I don't know how many members and posts this will affect but Photobucket a very popular and 'formerly' free image hosting site, they now want to charge US$399 per year for 3rd party image hosting. I have used Photobucket for a few years on here and one other forum as that's what they recommended and as I knew nothing I followed and all was well. Then adds started going mental a while ago and now this. I'm not sure if current pictures loaded into forum posts will be lost, I have seen pics on ebay that have a message from Photobucket instead of the intended image.
Had Photobucket asked for $50 I'm sure people would probably pay up, but me, like most others I have read about on the interweb are moving to another free hosting service. I have chosen Postimage.org

Back to top Go down

Photobucket Now charging for 3rd Party Image Hosting Empty Re: Photobucket Now charging for 3rd Party Image Hosting

Post  Mauser Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:37 pm

Never use Photbucket, I have plenty of web space where I dump images then copy their url into the forum Smile
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Photobucket Now charging for 3rd Party Image Hosting Empty Re: Photobucket Now charging for 3rd Party Image Hosting

Post  Guest Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:16 am

$399 per year ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
Can't believe it, that's a fortune...... and will probably mean the end of Photobucket!
That equates to around R 5600.- per year - which, to put that into perspective for those unfamiliar with our currency & country, is the money for 10 decent restaurant meals for two, with a bottle of wine, including a tip!
Guess what I will opt for?
hungry !

Quite frankly Dufaz, on your "$150", I think that any amount will kill them off now - after all they were free, and now they want money? Does not work, people will simply move elsewhere!

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:48 pm

I made a discovery while trying to figure out how I could help save some pictures due to the PB fallout.

1st step - Install Google's Chrome browser on your computer.
2nd step and the most crucial part - Install the Photobucket Embed Fix <----Click. You can use the FREE version or pay $1.99.
3rd step - View the threads that were damaged by PB.
4th - Rejoice!
5th - Start saving the images before Dec 2018 (that is when PB will put the final nail in the coffin).

~Focker
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down