Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The BRP is coming home...what first?

Go down

The BRP is coming home...what first? Empty The BRP is coming home...what first?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:32 am

What to check, what to change?

Back to top Go down

The BRP is coming home...what first? Empty Re: The BRP is coming home...what first?

Post  Focker Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:04 am

• All fluids...This will give you a clean slate regardless of what the PO has told you....This includes fork oil.
  • Swingarm grease (special tool required...easy to make)...Well all greased areas for that matter...This will be a long day!
  • Check for proper cable routing.
  • Thermostat for warping or better yet replace it with one from Napa (#115). Make sure to drill a small hole duplicating the stock one if available.
  • Kickstarter bolt....It like to work it's way loose.
  • Get a Honda shop manual...Do you have one already?
  • Valves.
  • Some report problems with the right hand side foot peg falling off...I believe there's a kit to prevent this problem.
  • Inside the carb there is a choke plate that has been known to break...Remove it or replace it with one from XR's Only.
  • XR's Only case saver...Size 15 (just in case you go bigger on the front sprocket).
  • Uncork that piggy!
As for farkles...Never ending! BRP smile

Here's my introduction - Focker's Farkles and counting.

You will get all kinds of opinions regarding bars, guards etc. The above is a pretty good start for some must do's!
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

http://www.xr650rforum.com

Back to top Go down

The BRP is coming home...what first? Empty Re: The BRP is coming home...what first?

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:26 am

Thanks Focker, you rock!

Get a Honda shop manual...Do you have one already?
no Focker

Stupid question....for everything else greased, just use a regular grease gun and standard nipple attachment?

Heh heh I said Nipple.

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:50 am

I've got an extra used manual...Pay shipping and it's yours. The manual explains the swingarm lube procedure well. study

I made a tool that is on loan to another member...Maybe he's done with it and he could send it to you. I'll try & find out?
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:58 am

Yes yes and YES!!!

I'm YOURS Focker!!

/humps leg

(Paypal or..... Very Happy )

Also...what the take on this fork brace...I'm a big, fat, Shrek-sized bastid.

The BRP is coming home...what first? Image6
http://www.superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=2257

Jesus I'm hemorrhaging money already, and I haven't even ridden the thing. Frustrated

Back to top Go down

Post  Focker Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:03 am

Off the Grid wrote:I'm YOURS Focker!!
/humps leg
I'm a big, fat, Shrek-sized bastid.
Stay off my leg please... Embarassed
I'll send you a PM.
Focker
Focker
Site Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:23 am

Focker wrote:I've got an extra used manual...Pay shipping and it's yours. The manual explains the swingarm lube procedure well. study

I made a tool that is on loan to another member...Maybe he's done with it and he could send it to you. I'll try & find out?
The tool is in transit as we speak. Should be here soon.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down