Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New BRP owner Arkansas

Go down

New BRP owner Arkansas Empty New BRP owner Arkansas

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2009 4:35 am

Hey guys! I'm new to the whole 650 realm. I had an 86 XR250R when i was about 14....in 1997...needless to say it was a beater. Since, i've ventured through all of the various motorcycle genre's out there and now i'm back! I plan to make my XRR into a dual purpose on/off road machine that will have the capability to adventure here in the Ozarks and swap the tires/wheels for some motard action. Please feel free to give any and all advice. The bike i bought is an 03 with the HRC race kit (minus the high comp piston) 200 watt stator..etc etc...

I'm looking for advice and information, so i hope i came to the right spot as the source.

Thanks,
Brawg 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner Arkansas Empty Make a list

Post  Guest Wed May 20, 2009 6:25 pm

Hey Brawg,

Make a bulleted list of your questions, and your ideas, also your assumptions, and I reckon there'll be plenty of useful feedback from this esteemed group of ...
Not sure how many 'Tards we have here but there's a ton of Tard riders here in the Bay Area.

Right off the bat, I'd suggest two things.
First, how much of the HRC kit is there? I'd really make certain you have the HRC clutch springs and related Cam stuff.
Install Evans coolant for that woodsish (relative to the Dez) riding. Evans is the only thing you'll have to do to the cooling system.

What part of Arkansas?

Brawg wrote:Hey guys! I'm new to the whole 650 realm. I had an 86 XR250R when i was about 14....in 1997...needless to say it was a beater. Since, i've ventured through all of the various motorcycle genre's out there and now i'm back! I plan to make my XRR into a dual purpose on/off road machine that will have the capability to adventure here in the Ozarks and swap the tires/wheels for some motard action. Please feel free to give any and all advice. The bike i bought is an 03 with the HRC race kit (minus the high comp piston) 200 watt stator..etc etc...

I'm looking for advice and information, so i hope i came to the right spot as the source.

Thanks,
Brawg 2 thumbs

Last edited by Bump on Wed May 27, 2009 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner Arkansas Empty Re: New BRP owner Arkansas

Post  Guest Wed May 27, 2009 4:02 pm

Welcome mang rider

Back to top Go down

New BRP owner Arkansas Empty Re: New BRP owner Arkansas

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down