Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many miles on your bike?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty How many miles on your bike?

Post  Guest Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:23 am

I have about 8400 on mine. What is the most mileage ever put on an XR650R? And what is the most mileage put on one in 24hrs? -Matt

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty Re: How many miles on your bike?

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:28 am

hard to say considering no odometer in stock form. I think I put 1,000 miles so far.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:34 am

Matthendurocat wrote:I have about 8400 on mine. What is the most mileage ever put on an XR650R? And what is the most mileage put on one in 24hrs? -Matt

Matt:

My '02 has ~ 14,000-15,000 hard miles. She recently started consuming a lot of oil, but still runs very strong.

No epic journeys for me on the XR, yet. Common ride distance is usually 150 - 250 miles.

Dave

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty Reply oil consumption at 15,000:

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:45 am

How much oil? Do you think it needs a piston? Can oil get down in the cylinder from up in the head, like through a worn out valve guide or something? It doesnt leak does it? Thats the most mileage Ive ever heard of on an xr650r. Is everything else ok on the bike at that stage in the game? How many times have you done wheel bearings? -Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:52 am

Mine has less than 2000. Since I bought it new there has been a couple years where it has just sat because of finances.

This year it hasnt got to stretch its legs because of losing my job and going back to school. Its in the garage now with expired tabs, no oil or fuel sitting on a box with a cable lock on its rear tire. Sucks but when I talked about selling it my girlfriend said noooo....I dont want you selling it and bitching about selling it and later wanting a new bike we will have to make payments on.

I love this woman but she knows me to well naughty

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:19 am

Matthendurocat wrote:How much oil? Do you think it needs a piston? Can oil get down in the cylinder from up in the head, like through a worn out valve guide or something? It doesnt leak does it? Thats the most mileage Ive ever heard of on an xr650r. Is everything else ok on the bike at that stage in the game? How many times have you done wheel bearings? -Matt

Matt:

She started going through ~1 quart per 200-250 miles. affraid There were no warning signs, such as smoke, loss of power, oil in the air box, oil on the ground, etc., but it's going somewhere! You might be right regarding a guide or something similar. At the mileage she's at, I'm having the top end done, regardless. In fact, the work should start tomorrow.

The PO changed out various pieces-parts over the years, including the swing arm. I've done the water pump (bad oil seal) and a clutch and clutch basket. I know of one original "part" on the bike - the rear suspension. It could use some attention after the hard mileage and two, 200+ pound riders. I believe the carb is original, as well. It needed a big time cleaning.

I have not had to mess the wheel bearings, but I'm guessing they have been replaced in the past.

Hopefully someone who has owned a pig from mile 1 to mile 15,000 pipes in.

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:38 am

bakeray wrote:Mine has less than 2000. Since I bought it new there has been a couple years where it has just sat because of finances.

This year it hasnt got to stretch its legs because of losing my job and going back to school. Its in the garage now with expired tabs, no oil or fuel sitting on a box with a cable lock on its rear tire. Sucks but when I talked about selling it my girlfriend said noooo....I dont want you selling it and bitching about selling it and later wanting a new bike we will have to make payments on.

I love this woman but she knows me to well naughty

Post a picture of what she looks like!

Any sisters? 2 thumbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 am

Maybe 100... naughty

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty 8 day adventure

Post  Guest Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:51 am

Just spent 8 days on the pig doing the OBCDR, ended up going over 1500 miles, 90% dirt. Changed the air filter 3 times and lubed the chain once. Other than that the pig ran flawlessly. Started the ride at 400 ft elevation and the highest point was in the steen Mountains at 9700 ft. Completly wore out a 606 on the rear and the m12 on the front needs to go as well. Ride report to follow soon. Great time was had by all 6 of us.

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty Thats some serious riding! (Replying to last post)

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:30 am

Thats pretty hard core man, what kind of seat do you have? How did you cope with the pain? I just rode my XRR from Phoenix to Durango and back, hitting as many dirt rodes as I could alond the way, and I was in pain most of the time. I have a stock seat but I folded up an old fleece and sewed it so it would stay folded, then I sewed a wooden bead thing on it. It was better than nothing but I was really hurting. Most of the miles were pavement. What do those letters stand for? what trail or rout or race or whatever is that? What about oil changes, Were all those miles on one oil change? what type of oil do you use and how many total miles on your bike (if you know)? Did you actualy swap out air filters or just drip some gas on the dirty one and wring it out? -Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:56 am

mamacone wrote:Just spent 8 days on the pig doing the OBCDR, ended up going over 1500 miles, 90% dirt. Changed the air filter 3 times and lubed the chain once. Other than that the pig ran flawlessly. Started the ride at 400 ft elevation and the highest point was in the steen Mountains at 9700 ft. Completly wore out a 606 on the rear and the m12 on the front needs to go as well. Ride report to follow soon. Great time was had by all 6 of us.

Awesome! Looking forward to the RR!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:59 am

Matthendurocat wrote:Thats pretty hard core man, what kind of seat do you have? How did you cope with the pain?

Lol! Yeah, that must have been painful! And the XRR seat is somewhat plush compared many others.

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty 30k miles

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi all,
first post here. Had my XR for 9 years now, been using it for commuting and general stuff daily. It's racked up 30,000 road miles, almost all of it with the HRC piston/cam kit. Oil changes every 620 miles initially, recent years changes every 1500-2000 miles.

Cheers,
Phil

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty OBCDR

Post  Guest Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Matthendurocat wrote:What do those letters stand for? What trail or route or race or whatever is that?

The OBCDR = Oregon Back Country Discovery Route

Link to map overview.....

http://www.treknow.com/obcdr/overview.htm

How many miles on your bike? Icon_study

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 am

countjocular wrote:Hi all,
first post here. Had my XR for 9 years now, been using it for commuting and general stuff daily. It's racked up 30,000 road miles, almost all of it with the HRC piston/cam kit. Oil changes every 620 miles initially, recent years changes every 1500-2000 miles.

Cheers,
Phil

Hey Phil:

Welcome aboard!

You are putting tons of miles on that R! Any suggestions for those looking for a long wearing tire?

Dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:12 pm

Dave P wrote:
Hey Phil:

Welcome aboard!

You are putting tons of miles on that R! Any suggestions for those looking for a long wearing tire?

Dave
I've been running Continental TKC80's for most of those 30k miles, 2000-4000 per rear and up to 8000 miles on the front. 140/80 lasts longer and has bigger blocks than the 120/80, which tended to tear blocks off.
My bike weighs 175kg/385lb so that's putting extra strain on the running gear. Mods for longer-range riding are Acerbis 23l desert tank, B&B Aluminium bashplate, Ballards rack, Simpson Detour twin headlamp fairing with Electrex 2x100W stator and 4Ah battery, Touratech IMO100R300 computer, Baja Designs soft seat foam.
Stopping this lot is a 320mm Braking disc on the front and wavy Braking disc on the rear.

I should think much greater mileage could be had from these Conti's under general light riding.

Cheers,
Phil

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty I gotta recommend a Renazco seat

Post  Guest Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:05 am

I think the XRR seat is the worst I've ever encountered. So I splurged for a Renazco seat. Arse heaven.

Matthendurocat wrote:Thats pretty hard core man, what kind of seat do you have? How did you cope with the pain? I just rode my XRR from Phoenix to Durango and back, hitting as many dirt rodes as I could alond the way, and I was in pain most of the time. I have a stock seat but I folded up an old fleece and sewed it so it would stay folded, then I sewed a wooden bead thing on it. It was better than nothing but I was really hurting. Most of the miles were pavement. What do those letters stand for? what trail or rout or race or whatever is that? What about oil changes, Were all those miles on one oil change? what type of oil do you use and how many total miles on your bike (if you know)? Did you actualy swap out air filters or just drip some gas on the dirty one and wring it out? -Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:51 am

Bump wrote:I think the XRR seat is the worst I've ever encountered. So I splurged for a Renazco seat. Arse heaven.

Bump:

You have never encountered WR450f or Husky SE610 seats. naughty Very Happy

Dave

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty I have not

Post  Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 am

And also I've never had a dirt bike I rode for 200 miles in a day kinda non-stop 'cept for a break in the middle.

I did everything to make the stock seat work. Even gained 40 pounds to pad up the backyard, so to speak...

Dave P wrote:
Bump wrote:I think the XRR seat is the worst I've ever encountered. So I splurged for a Renazco seat. Arse heaven.

Bump:

You have never encountered WR450f or Husky SE610 seats. How many miles on your bike? 685850 How many miles on your bike? Icon_biggrin

Dave

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty Ass padding

Post  Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:06 am

Lol! Yeah, I tried that padding, as well.

I got to the point of riding a couple hundred miles without azzzzz pain, but that was after riding a couple times per week. Slack off, and the pain starts at ~80 miles ("Hey dude. Why did you stand the last 50 miles?"). Perhaps I should get on the Renazco waiting list....

Dave

Bump wrote:And also I've never had a dirt bike I rode for 200 miles in a day kinda non-stop 'cept for a break in the middle.

I did everything to make the stock seat work. Even gained 40 pounds to pad up the backyard, so to speak...

Dave P wrote:

Bump:

You have never encountered WR450f or Husky SE610 seats. How many miles on your bike? 685850 How many miles on your bike? Icon_biggrin

Dave

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty Here's the way to do it

Post  Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:48 pm

I had an OEM seat with the Guts tall soft foam. I bought a thrashed OEM seat off eBay or Advrider that had a good base but shredded top and foam. I dropped off the worn out seat at Renazco's. His shop is the garage at his house in Santa Rosa. Then a lot of time goes by. Then you start calling. Then dates keep getting pushed back and all the usual excuses apply. Then you claim you must have it in three weeks for a ride you may, or may not in fact be taking - but don't let facts get in the way of getting your seat back. Then you call the day before you leave for the ride and voila - it's done - the following day! I was at his shop several times and he seemed to overnight a lot of seats that were late...

Dave P wrote:Lol! Yeah, I tried that padding, as well.

I got to the point of riding a couple hundred miles without azzzzz pain, but that was after riding a couple times per week. Slack off, and the pain starts at ~80 miles ("Hey dude. Why did you stand the last 50 miles?"). Perhaps I should get on the Renazco waiting list....

Dave

Bump wrote:And also I've never had a dirt bike I rode for 200 miles in a day kinda non-stop 'cept for a break in the middle.

Dave P wrote:

Bump:

Dave

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty Waiting on a seat

Post  Guest Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:02 am

Good advice, as usual, Bump.

I won't be sending in my only seat, for fear of becoming a true poser.

Dave

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty You are a funny guy!

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:51 am

I'm laughing out loud. Oops. I reckon I'm supposed to use an acronym for that...

Dave P wrote:Good advice, as usual, Bump.

I won't be sending in my only seat, for fear of becoming a true poser.

Dave

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? Empty baling wire, some duck tape, and a two-by-four.

Post  Guest Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:10 am

Since I am on a shoestring budget I am just going to get some foam, some marine vinal , and a bread knife and see what I can come up with. I think I am just going to make a unit that fits over the seat and straps down. I will experiment with different shapes untill I get something that really feels comfy. How many miles on your bike? 12226 My uncle said he knew a guy once who took his seat off and tied a folded up piece of thick sheep skin down on his bike, sort of stuffed into the seat area. He rode for years that way. I read a review on the Air Hawk seat pad that said it was great. So I went out to my garage and got an old wine box bladder and tried it out. I think it would work with the propper rigging.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 am

I have a good 14k on mine and she still runs strong.little puff at start up, but not bad. hoping to get another year before a full teardown

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next