Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many miles on your bike?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 Empty Re: How many miles on your bike?

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:50 am

I have a good 14k on mine and she still runs strong.little puff at start up, but not bad. hoping to get another year before a full teardown

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:33 pm

mine have done over 85,000km...already removed the stock meter and been using Vapor...

The most hardmiles i've done in 8hrs45mins straight,is covering 900km at constant speed of 130-140km/hr from midnite to next noon...only stop for refuel and toilet break of about 10mins.And covered 2800km in 5days during that solo trip..
Engine oil was very very low left during that 5days ride...

so basically...yeah....i still have the pig now...2 and a half years i've done close to 30,000km of commute,trail,race,tour...it's hell of a ride... How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 456164

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 Empty Wow Thats a lot of miles! And some hardcore riding!

Post  Guest Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:55 pm

85,000km comes out to about 53,000 miles! Is that all on the original engine? I am hoping to get at least 50,000 on my engine with nothing but oil changes and valve adjustments. What has your bike needed during those 53,000 miles? -Matt p.s. What is the deal with the night ride? sounds like part of an epic adventure. Were you using your XRR to fight crime? Were you wearing a cape? What was the sound track to that ride?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:29 am

well...i just change my piston,rings,timing chain,valve seals just about 5,000km ago...

and that....actually was my fault...i let the bike drown itself on a puddle of mud(mudpool) while engine was running...due to some stupidity stunt which i thought i want to take a photo of it in the mudpool standing,but while putting down the sidestand,my left leg and the sidestand did'nt even feel the ground and me and the pig splash to the left with bike totally inside the mudpool...
The scene....was really,really a funny scene if someone would have recorded it...but sadly,no one was around then....

How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 Fresse

and the night ride...it's in the other section of this forum.
well anyways...here it is...
https://hondaxr650r.forummotion.com/epic-adventures-f6/crossing-borders-of-2-countries-t118.htm

well,a video containing the photos of the trip and some music.

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 Empty you are a gangster in the game bro!

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:05 am

much props!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:26 am

well,thank you dude... How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 Icon_redface

cheers.... How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 36202

Back to top Go down

How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 Empty Mileage

Post  Guest Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:17 am

I Have owned my 650R For about 2 years done about 3000 km on it, all Single trail work basically, ,before i owned it it was i hiway burner a guy owned it in the city and rode 150 km a day to work 16-45 Gearing,and Bridgestone Death wings on it, ouch!! i havent touched the motor or clutch,oil and filter every 10 to 15 Hrs No consumption problems, I hope to do a Camshaft change, And bigger headers before the finke next year, just to get a little more grunt How many miles on your bike? - Page 2 36202
PS it has 13500 km on the clock sorry

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:36 am

I don't have 53k on my bike, but I believe I have around 25-30 of off-road miles. I got mine in mid 2000, and have had it ever since. I had to do a top end once, but that was of my own stupidity as well. I didn't seal the filter against the airbox and sucked in a bunch of sand. Put in some new valves, piston, rings, and cam chain, and she's still going strong. Uses a bit of oil, but not that much, and only smokes a bit when its cold out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2