Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR speedo

Go down

XR speedo Empty XR speedo

Post  Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm in the process of getting the BRP street legal and needed a speedo. I'm not a fan of electonic meters so I adapted an XT225 speedo to the BRP--seems to be accurate will test against my GPS later. It does work and was relatively easy.
XR speedo PC060001

Back to top Go down

XR speedo Empty I doubt they will even test it

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:55 pm

And you won't use it much either! That said, it looks like a sano fit!

I might put a larger washer between the bold head and the bracket. Did you cut the bracket?

Back to top Go down

XR speedo Empty Re: XR speedo

Post  Guest Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Looks good, I went with the Baja Designs made in China one. I tried the used route (XL350)and ended up with a piece of junk that ended up getting returned. XR speedo 289879

Back to top Go down

XR speedo Empty Speedo

Post  Guest Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 am

Bump wrote:And you won't use it much either! That said, it looks like a sano fit!

I might put a larger washer between the bold head and the bracket. Did you cut the bracket?

I didn't have to cut the bracket but I did have to file a very small amount off the lip at its outer edge. I made a bracket to mate to the speedo's peg legs and bolted the bracket to the holes where the original trip meter bolts to the original bracket.

Back to top Go down

XR speedo Empty Re: XR speedo

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down