Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoe on the other foot

Go down

Shoe on the other foot Empty Shoe on the other foot

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:07 am

Being laid off and going to school has presented some problems that I have had to deal with. Not been easy but I been dealing with it. Money is a big problem. Things have been so tight they squeek. I was used to making 27 bucks an hour and really not worrying about money a year ago.

The school I go to started a program for students that cover normal and emergency expenses for students who are in my shoes. They have been doing fund raisers and getting community and company donations for this program. Food, Money and Services are collected to make sure students stay in school and dont have to miss time or drop out due to bills. The school has a motto of every student will graduate and succeed.

I filled out the forms in October and was called today.

The books I need for one class coming up, that cost 200 bucks, have been paid for from a company who employs people in the field Im going to school for. I had fallen behind on my power bill, thats now been paid down. I also got 20 bucks worth of gift cards that Safeway donated and a box of food from the schools food bank they normally donate to the countys food bank but with times the way they are, they decided to use it to help students first.

I used to be the guy who donated food and donated money to these programs never thinking Id be the one who needed the help.

To those who helped me I say thank you and your help wont be forgotten.

Back to top Go down

Shoe on the other foot Empty What is your address?

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm

Seriously.

Back to top Go down

Shoe on the other foot Empty Re: Shoe on the other foot

Post  Guest Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:24 am

Hey, I hear ya loud and clear. There's the fat times and the ****ing slim times. I've actually became fond of Top Ramen, white rice, pinto beans and cheap beer/wine over the years.

How can we help, brother bakeray?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:26 am

Things have got better. My G/F found out she will be getting a bonus from her work this week. Got some help from my Dad and her Dad. Both of them have been very supportive while Ive been back in school.

The forums I surf have also shown alot of support and I thank you guys.

Things will get better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down