Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale!

Go down

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Empty American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale!

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 am

Say hello to the newest American Made addition to my harom. 2006 ATK 450XC, also known as the Cannondale C440.

Truely innovative for it's time (2002/2003 when they first came out) and still now, it features:
Fuel Injection.
Seperate engine and tranny oil.
Engine oil carried in it's frame with handy sight glass and drain holes in frame.
Gas tank that extends underneath the seat with airfilter in the center of the tank with straight shot down to the FI. You may have seen this copied by Husaberg recently.
Ohlins suspension.
Straight shot rear exiting exhaust, also copied by Yamaha's new bike.

On this thread I'll post pics and details of my build-up project. I'm not partial to the blue plastic and will trading it out for Cannondale silver that has slightly shorter rad. shrouds.

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Atkblue2
American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Atkblue

Steering stabilizer is a must for this race and play bike. Here I lucked out and found my XR650R Scott's topmount bar clamp stabilizer mount fit perfectly!
American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! 0507102220

Very unique. Gas tank that extends underneathe the seat with a hold for airfilter/airbox that covers Fuel Injection!
American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! 0511101050
T
he engine oil is carried partially in the frame. Check out the sight glass and the allen headed drain plug. Cool. It has seperate tranny and engine oil.
American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! 0511101050a

Ohlins shock. Note allen headed frame spar drain plug. Stainless steel rear brake lines, stock.
American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! 0511101050b

Back to top Go down

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Empty Neat bikes, sad ending

Post  Guest Thu May 13, 2010 11:43 am

I like those Cannondales. And I was really hoping the company would make it.

I rode on of the prototypes early on at Carlsbad Raceway when a friend/mechanic was doing some R&D work for Cannondale. I'll be glad to heard and see how your experience goes with this.

Back to top Go down

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Empty Re: American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale!

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:08 am

My bike is SOLD

Back to top Go down

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Empty That was a short experiment.

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:31 pm

What is the story? Or did you sell your XRR too and aren't on here any more?

Back to top Go down

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Empty Re: American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale!

Post  Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:17 am

Yes I sold the XRR. I now have a CRF450x. I'm actually parting this Cannondale/ATK bike out. So if anyone is lucky or unlucky enough to have one of these and needs parts please pm or post up.

Back to top Go down

American made dirtbike project: ATK/Cannondale! Empty Wish I had one.

Post  Guest Wed May 04, 2011 11:33 pm

I rode these when they were in development. A friend, retired Honda Supercross mechanic, did some development work on the bike. Rode it at Carlsbad which is gone now. Man, I so wanted that guy to make with this bike but alas everything was against him especially the magazines.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down