Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kickstarter seal

Go down

kickstarter seal Empty kickstarter seal

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:25 am

Hey all I have a small leak around the shaft where the kickstart lever bolts to,my question is can the replacement seal be changed from the outside or does the whole crankcase cover have to come off and it goes in from the back? I've got the seal and all help will be greatly appreciated. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

kickstarter seal Empty Re: kickstarter seal

Post  Mauser Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:53 pm

It presses in from the outside but without pulling the cover you might struggle to get the old 1 out without damaging the needle bearings behind it....I would just pull the cover not a big job and change the oil whilst your there...and check the lower screen filter mesh as well listen up

Last edited by Mauser on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:56 pm

I think so yeah. Screw two woodscrews in (carefully eh?) & pull it out, and tap the new one in.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks all I will monkey with it this weekend ,I'll try from outside and if its too tricky I will take cover off ...ride on

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Thanks to all changed both seals kickstart and the sprocket on the other side ,I used two drywall screws and with a pair or side cutters I was able to walk both out quite easily...no more leak and the seals were cheap too .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:16 pm

Right on Wetdog,

always goo to hear things work.
Off topic completely, I have been wearing that irritating2me pumpkinhead because I thought I had to, being a noob & all - know you do not, you can change, you can even put a nice piccie of a slutty girl in there!
Hold on a sec, now there's an idea ...... Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 am

wetdog wrote:Thanks to all changed both seals kickstart and the sprocket on the other side ,I used two drywall screws and with a pair or side cutters I was able to walk both out quite easily...no more leak and the seals were cheap too .

Great news and thumbs up to Burp....I knew if I waited long enough he would have 1 good idea this year razz

Now do it again on your new seals and take some pictures for the website...you did say they were cheap ?
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down