Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trivia Question:

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trivia Question: - Page 2 Empty Road House DS Bike

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:44 am

I tried to find the answer before posting, but could not.

What dual sport bike is Pat Swayze's foe riding in "Road House?"

Dave (still doing some research)

Back to top Go down

Trivia Question: - Page 2 Empty Re: Trivia Question:

Post  Guest Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Matthendurocat wrote:Does anybody know? Trivia Question: - Page 2 289879

This will be sad man, I think it was called like an S600 or something, I had the answer...obviously as I posted the question but now I can not find the dang answer...LOL I can tell you it is not a KLR.

Back to top Go down

Trivia Question: - Page 2 Empty Vanishing Point

Post  Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:45 am

Matthendurocat wrote:What is that movie about?

Matt:

It depends on who you ask. Very Happy

On the surface, it's about a car delivery guy (Kowalski) that makes a bet that he can deliver a '70 Challenger from CO to San Fran in X amount of time.

K pops pills and drives like a madman, with the cops chasing him the whole way. K's state of mind is a bit unbalanced. It seems like he is running from past demons in his life, as well.

He meets interesting people on his journey - some good, and some bad. Some you might expect to be bad (or degenerates), but they turn out good, and vise versa.

The term "vanishing point" is applied well. Lots of converging lines for you to wonder about.

If you rent it, try to find the UK version. It has less editing. The US version is fine, though.

Film Reviewer Dave

Back to top Go down

Trivia Question: - Page 2 Empty Vanishing Point

Post  Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I would strongly suggest you not seek much information about the film before you see it. That way you will be much more likely to enjoy the film experience of what is called, "the suspension of disbelief".

I agree with everything Dave said. Also, Kowalski creates a lot of followers; people following his journey via radio and whatnot. A DJ tells him something that ties up at the end of the film and illustrates the title of the film.

It's a strong essay on the nature of people and groups. Many books were written after WWII on this stuff and many writers and artists were reading them. Much of Pink Floyd's work was based on books about this stuff that Roger Waters was reading.

Vanishing Point is what is referred to as a text book example of a "Cult Film".

IMHO, it's one of the five seminal car films.
Vanishing Point
Le Mans
The California Kid
Aloha Bobby and Rose
Two-lane Blacktop

Perhaps I'll get some heat for leaving out a lot of obvious films. But these five films are serious car films. Cars are not props in these films. The cars are a main character on the same footing as the actors.

Unlike films wherein the cars are an element, as in a chase like Bullit. Or as in American Graffiti and Mad max wherein the cars are simply props and extension of characters. Or as in The Gumball Rally where cars are treated in a superficial, silly, and unrealistic way. Or the sort of thing that happens in a film I really enjoy, Smokey and the Bandit. Lots of fun but really the car is kind of a turd and inconsequential.

Back to top Go down

Trivia Question: - Page 2 Empty Another good car film

Post  Guest Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:45 pm

is The Transporter. Just the first one is all In can recommend-not the sequels.

Back to top Go down

Trivia Question: - Page 2 Empty Re: Trivia Question:

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2