Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is a fan needed?

Go down

Is a fan needed? Empty Is a fan needed?

Post  Guest Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:00 am

Looking for advice/opinions. Is an electric fan really needed on the pig? Do they really get that hot? Only had the pig for a few months and never experienced any sign of overheating. What do you experienced pig riders think?

Back to top Go down

Is a fan needed? Empty Re: Is a fan needed?

Post  Guest Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:42 pm

I think a lot of it depends on where you ride and what time of year. I've read a couple ride reports of guys getting on long climbing single track in the heat that lasted over an hour, I remember he made the comment that he didn't think the bike would have made it without the fan he had installed.

I decided to install mine for good measure. It's really easy to install, doesn't cost a lot and gives me good piece of mind if I get stuck out on a slow trail, deep sand, ect in the heat. Also might come in handy next summer when running it on the road, sitting at a long light in 100 deg weather on asphalt.

Cheap insurance I guess, absolutely needed?? Probably not, but all factory duel sports come with a fan for a reason.

Hodakaguy

Back to top Go down