Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DC rectifier options

Go down

DC rectifier options Empty DC rectifier options

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:02 pm

hey guys. Quick question.

I just picked up a 200w Ricky Stator and I'm about to wire up a dual sport kit. From what I understand, I should be able to run the headlight and taillight with the stock regulator on AC and the signal lights, horn ect on DC.

What is the preferred DC rectifier?
Also, because I don't want to use a battery do I have to use a capacitor? Which one?

I've got to get this stuff sorted before spring.

Thanks a bunch

Back to top Go down

DC rectifier options Empty Re: DC rectifier options

Post  Mauser Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:42 pm

I would pickup a stock rectifier from any street legal 250/400 R always loads on ebay, I am sure they woudl handle your 200 watts without any problems.
You could use AC for everything but I struggled to get a decent sound from an AC horn and there are not many about, I swapped out my US wiring loom for a UK model with a good friend and run all standard electrics now, added blinkers, horn and larger headlight with switchgear and brake switches.
Makes the bike more comlicated but safer to ride on the road.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

DC rectifier options Empty capacitor?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:47 pm

What about a capacitor? do I need one of these if i dont run a battery?

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:36 am

Farmer wrote:What about a capacitor? do I need one of these if i dont run a battery?
Depends if your stopping with AC or going for both and what you intend to run on the bike, "if" you get a stock wiring loom it will come with rectifier / regulator behind the headlight next to this is a capacitor Smile.
I didn't have any problems swapping out the loom, stator and other parts as mentioned above.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down