Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Empty 200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ?

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Hello, my name is Dimitri I from Russia. I tuning my Honda Xr650r. I own a Honda XR650R 2001.
I have installed Stator 200watt 1x outputs. What set the Regulator/Rectifierfor install ???

Trail Tech MAX 150watt Sad
http://www.trailtech.net/7003-0030.html

Back to top Go down

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Empty Re: 200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ?

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:50 am

stator in foto 200watt???
200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? P1010411

Back to top Go down

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Empty Re: 200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ?

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:54 am

Hello Dimitri,

Nice to see that there's even Pigs in Russia Wink
First off, no problem if that stator is either 150W or 200W, both outputs are plenty.
Also, no idea what the output of the one is you show here, as said it won't matter, however you say it is a single output only - are you absolutely sure about that?
How many wires come out from the stator? Please careful now, do not count & include the wires from the ignition coil, but stator only - how many have you?

But say now it is indeed a single 200W output, and let's also say you need the total 200W.... that will be fine, however your regulator will only handle 150W of that! So, what you must do is regulating only 150W of the stator-output, and the rest you either can use for un-regulated consumers, or you add another regulator.
If you add a secondary one keep this circuit (the output-side!) separate from the main (150W) circuit, and feed small consumers with this (like a computer with or without its own battery, the hooter, or whatever you may have).

Edit:
If you use 2 regulators you must make sure that their outputs are kept separate, i.e. separate circuits, only the ground is shared/same. You choose those consumers to determine what the Wattage will be, but very important here, you must "throttle" these consumers by means of fuses! In case of a short the regulator & stator may see a too big demand (too high Wattage) and they may blow, but if you've got your loads fused correctly this will not happen.

Above is of course only valid if you indeed will ever use 200 Watts, more than 150W I mean.
What consumers do you have, or intend to mount?
If you give a list here, with their respective Wattages, we could help you 'splitting' them into - separate! - groups (= circuits) so that you can fit dual regulators.
Or, keep your current reg (maybe the AC-type?) and just add the 150W-reg, and split them to the various users accordingly.

However, it might well be that you know enough of electrics, and don't need any help with this?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:18 am

...excluding the ignition system. Exits the Stator so two AC cable (some 12-80v) install Regulator/Rectifierfor, but he broke:(. All cables are handmade DC. AC no in used

Currently installed:
front light 55/60w
rear light (roughly) 15-20w
standard cooling fan (roughly) 50-80w
Horn??w

will be installed:
Vapor Trail Tech
GPS
heated grips
HAM radio station
charge the phone
battery

I'm not sure that my Stator 200w, but idle rpm works in full capacity front light, rear lights and engine cooling fan
200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Xr650r10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Looks spot on, horn won't take a lot maybe 1.2 amp when pressed, just find a regulator which can handle up to 200watts then your sorted.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:33 pm

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? P1010010

Regulator/Rectifierfor - broke
200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? P1000810

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 pm

You've got a standard cooling fan? If so I wonder what bike you've got! In any case, 80W sounds like a lot, your ~50W is more realistic.
Skip your GPS, Vapor, phone-charger & radio as they don't use a lot, and besides, you've got a battery.
Except for the heated grips I don't see any big/unusual users, and then your 150W-reg will do fine.

Choose the heated grips by their wattage (not too high!), fuse all users/circuits accordingly, and I don't see a problem. If in doubt you could put a single main fuse in, fast-blow to limit to 150W, and see how this works - and yeah, put more fuses in also to limit the various circuits (i.e. fuses in series, the main one + the circuit-one).

As an aside, the broken wires of the regulator can be re-soldered. That is a smaller capacity unit though, I've got the same for the battery circuit (off which I'll run a limited number of users, like Vapor, GPS, fan etc).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:16 pm

if you're going to re-use your existing rect/reg then relocate that capacitor. Red will be +, Green will be -, but move it away as there where it is now is not enough space, and the connectors rub against something (the insulation of the Red one has worn through).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:41 pm

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? P1000811

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? P1000812

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:25 am

Yo Dimitri,

you're busy winning, or what? Depending on where you live you'd better get things sorted as Spring is around your corner, I'm sure you want to be out on the trails then.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm waiting for the Regulator/Rectifierfor Shipping from the UK. I installed http://www.trailtech.net/7003-0030.html.

at max speed motor exploded in my free time will be repaired.
Moto season hasn't started yet, we still cold and snow:(

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:21 am

You may want to search the Net for the number of ignition-module you have got!
The unit from an XR400(450?) from 96 or 98 (can't remember) is favoured by some because it advances a bit more, however it also is revs a LOT more, up to 9600 rpm I believe (instead of the std 8600/8700 or thereabouts).

IF you have this unit (the non-standard higher-revving one) then you may know why your engine has 'exploded" as you say?
This big thumper is not too fond of very high revs, for obvious reasons I'd say, but in any case, if I were you I'd check my ignition's rev-limit - even before repairing!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 am

full throttle, 5 gears, 170 km. (approx.) BOOM!!! -crankshaft flew outwards:)

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? P1000813

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:26 am

Eishh, that means crankcases ruined cyclops
I hope for you that the crank + cases are the only things, not the cylinder ruined?
Oh, do NOT keep the connecting rod, even if it looks undamaged, get a spanking new one.
And check that ignition module, there's a Denso-number somewhere on the net - you really really do not want that high-revving one, but you know that already now....

Hope you'll fix it properly Dimitri, this is a bike worth having, trust me on this (I'm not particularly fond of Honda you should know Wink but this bike is special!).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:37 am

I haven't tried the motor until you can see only the BIG hole in the crankcase. I've experienced a lot of repaired motors, master: Honda CR500R, CR125R. ... I already have a new crankcase, crankshaft. Ok, I'll check Denso-number

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:44 am

Honda CR500R
200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? P1020510

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:01 am

Now THAT is a bike!!!!!!!!!!
A man needs big oinkers to open that, and I just luuuuuurve strokers!
If that pipe is on song so am I.... or not hurt
LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:09 am

I have experience in building, maintenance and repair of many automobile engines. I built a lot of cars to Drag race. I think I had no trouble with repairing Honda XR650R.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:12 am

Dimitri,

'ere ya go:

http://www.honda-xr650r.com/swapping-an-xr400r-cdi/

As said this is a unit you do NOT want, as it allows revving too high hence you'll explode your engine.

This actually is dead horse but maybe worthwhile to mention it here....

Do's a favour and post a pic of that burst engine please?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:42 pm

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Img_0510

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:43 pm

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Img_0511

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:45 pm

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Img_0512

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:46 pm

200w stator, What to install Regulator/Rectifier ? Img_0513

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Au, Eina, Ai, Eish, or whatever 'pain' sounds like in Russian Shocked
I hope you're going to repair it, and I presume you've got the Service Manual downloaded off the net?
Shout here if you need any help, and best of luck!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks, I have a service Manual. I have already started the process of repair.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next