Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muz is in the house

Go down

Muz is in the house Empty Muz is in the house

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:46 am

Hi I'm Muz from South Africa

I sold my 650 Transalp because it just could'nt get me where I needed to go.

So I bought this 2001 XRR and still getting used to it.. busy trolling some offshore sites to see who is doing what to the bikes, upgrades etc

I have a few mods on my bike, nothing special, just bar raisers, bars, hand guards and a long range tank etc.. I want to upgrade my wiring to accomodate a GPS, a 12v outlet and some spots..

Look forward to see who is doing what

Muz

Back to top Go down

Muz is in the house Empty Re: Muz is in the house

Post  Mauser Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Some idea's here....lot of reading lol
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/trickxrs/trickxrs.shtml
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Muzz,

find www.xrsonly.com - they've got plenty for this bike! Cheapest option too, just make sure you aorder all in 1 go, to save on the costly postage fees. Ah yea, it does arrive here!
However, your model is a 2001 - which may mean you have the to-be-replaced-soonest clutch bushing???? You'd better check this first, ditto for the countersprocket seal.
Read a lot (read: LOADS, there's various sites as this bike is a bit of an odd one out) because the more you know the better it gets to decide what you need to do, what you may want to do and what you should not do - like loading loadsa hard luggage as you now know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:50 pm

Find out first how to check the oil-level, and how to start this bike.
Don't laugh now, entire legions have done this wrong or are doing it wrong, and once you know how to it's a peach.

Skree as jy help benodig! (yell if you need help).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:11 am

BuRP wrote:Find out first how to check the oil-level, and how to start this bike.
Don't laugh now, entire legions have done this wrong or are doing it wrong, and once you know how to it's a peach.

Starting the XRR

When mine is cold I perform the following procedure.

Half choke sometimes full choke

Ignition off
1) Decompression pulled...throttle full open...kick thru twice..not a hard kick
2) Decompression pulled...throttle closed... kick thru twice, not a hard kick,then slowly ending up just past, first notch or point just past TDC on the compression stroke. Then allow kick start arm to return to highest position.

Ignition on
3 Decompression released...throttle closed...kick for the start

When warm...no choke
2) Decompression pulled...throttle closed... kick slowly to...ending up just past, first notch past TDC on the compression stroke. Then allow kick start arm to return to highest position.

Ignition on
3 Decompression released...throttle closed...kick for the start

Note: I shut off the fuel petcock off at all times until the engine is running.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 am

When cold choke and fuel on...kick her over slowly till she goes hard...decompressor in slight nudge over top dead centre, release decompressor and kick her through starts 1st time 99% of the time, occasionaly she will back fire if I don't catch her right lol, wakes the neighbours up.
Same when hot just no choke listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:03 pm

BuRP wrote:Find out first how to check the oil-level, and how to start this bike.

Dankie vir die info BuRP

I have the starting procedure waxed, I use the same procedure as you Mauser, the only time it gives me hassels is when i am riding in 30 degree heat and I bin it and the carbs flood, then you need legs like a mule.

I will check everything out and report back once I have stripped it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down