Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got a big ride planned that starts at your house?

Go down

Got a big ride planned that starts at your house? Empty Got a big ride planned that starts at your house?

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:31 pm

I'm probably the last person to figure this out-not uncommon for me.

But yesterday morning I took a couple of pounds of organic chicken thighs, boneless and skinless. I washed and laid them all out in a crockpot. I turned the crockpot on low. Then I covered the chicken with some Costco organic salsa. Not a lot but just enough to cover it completely. It simmered on low for 7 hours.

Man, when it was done it was great! Wife loved it. Kids loved it. too easy... It came out like shredded pork only more tender and rich. The juice is great too.

For what it's worth, I served it up with some tortillas, beans, and grilled pineapple. First you cut the outside off a pineapple. Then just cut into sections that include the hard fibrous heart, and grill it. The hard fibrous heart gets real soft and tender. You can't hardly tell it apart from the outer fruity part. I like to cut it in a spoke-like pattern, like a pizza. That allows the hard part to be thinner and require less cooking than the outer part which will cook slower/cooler because it's thicker.

Next time I'll probably do more of a tostada thing with it. And Trader Joe's sells a pineapple salsa I'm gonna try.

I have a pie I make called a Big Red Pie. People laugh when they see them but they all like 'em! My wife and kids ate a whole one for breakfast once. Next time I make one I'll take a photograph and post it. It's super easy too. I'm trying to get the color to be honda red but so far it's more of a pink.

Back to top Go down

Got a big ride planned that starts at your house? Empty Hmmmmmm......Sounds tasty!

Post  Guest Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:40 pm

Got a big ride planned that starts at your house? 90184 ........Great, now I'm hungry........ Got a big ride planned that starts at your house? 172473

I'll have to remember that recipe!

Back to top Go down