Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dakar Dual-Sport Kit Removal?

Go down

Dakar Dual-Sport Kit Removal? Empty Dakar Dual-Sport Kit Removal?

Post  Guest Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey guys, this is my first post. Last fall I bought an '02 BRP with a Dakar dual-sport, which was installed by the previous owner. I decided to remove most of the kit and install a Trail Tech X2 light. I also purchased and installed a new factory wire harness to start from a clean slate, since the old harness had been poorly tapped into in several places to install the Dakar kit. Everything went well, except I forgot to document where the leads from the front- and rear brake light switches tapped into the harness. As it stands now, I have the two tailight leads from the bike's OEM harness (brown & green I believe), three leads coming from the LED brake/tail light (red/yellow/black), and two black leads-each coming from the front and rear brake pressure switches . . . can anyone give me a little direction on how to tie all this together and make it work? I have a manual w/ a wiring schematic, but it's not much help with the aftermarket bits.

Back to top Go down

Dakar Dual-Sport Kit Removal? Empty Re: Dakar Dual-Sport Kit Removal?

Post  Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Connect 1 black lead of each switch to the same (ie you join these up!) supply - which you can find with a multimeter somewhere in the loom, however I suggest take it off just before the lightswitch (high & low beam switch).
Each other 1 goes to the same (ie you join these up!) brakelight's brake-lead. Try which one it is, yellow or red, my money's on the red.
The rear light's black will be the ground.
The remaining other rear light's lead (orange or red) you also connect to the same supply the first-mentioned black one's are connected to.
QED?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 pm

BuRP wrote:Connect 1 black lead of each switch to a supply - which you can find with a multimeter somewhere in the loom, however I suggest take it off just before the lightswitch (high & low beam switch).
Each other 1 goes to the same (ie you join these up!) brakelight's brake-lead. Try which one it is, yellow or red, my money's on the red.
The rear light's black will be the ground.

That makes perfect senseā€”I really appreciate the response! Wiring is certainly not my fortay, but with this instruction I should be good-to-go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down