Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE

Go down

Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE Empty Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE

Post  Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:06 pm

Greetings... I need some input/advice about the wiring on my 2000 XR650R. I purchased the bike a couple weeks ago at a police seizure auction, so I have no history on or about it's roots. In it's previous life, it had been plated. It must have been stolen and stripped of it's lights and handlebar switches etc. Here is my question - has anyone ever seen an XR650R that has factory wiring for DOT lighting? This one does! It has f/r turn signal wires(Orange/white and Blue/white), factory Honda brake light switches and wiring, horn wiring etc... Also, the front brake master cylinder/lever perch has a rear view mirror lug cast into it, and the frame steering head has the fork lock ass'y there. However, I can find no evidence(not yet anyway) of this bike having a factory installed battery or battery box. All wiring diagrams that I have seen show the basic stator/CDI/rectfier/head light/tail light/stop switch. This harness has many more wires than that including multiple large plugs in the head light area for the bar switches, head light, turn signals etc. If anyone would like to see pictures of this, just let me know.

Funny thing - the cops tried to get this bike running to use as a beach patrol bike. Their mechanic worked on it and kicked and kicked, and then kicked some more... They gave up and sold it. I picked it up, cleaned the carb(jets plugged solid), fresh fuel - it started on the third kick. Runs great! Blast to ride. $1500 plus 3 hours labor = low cost, big bore 4 stroke fun!

Thanks in advance for your replies/advice. Tim

Back to top Go down

Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE Empty Re: Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE

Post  Mauser Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Sounds like you have a European bike, they come with full electrics.
Welcome to the forums....post a picture of your piggy Bump
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE Empty Re: Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE

Post  Guest Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Eu or Oz bike, full electrics & roadworthy, none ever had a battery though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:11 pm

Does anyone know the stator output on the UK/Aussie version of the BRP? Is it more than the US version? I am going to plate this bike and just need to know how much power I have available... Thanks in advance, Tim

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Yes more watts than the US version....
Look right at the bottom for more info.
http://www.xr650r.co.uk/specs/specs.shtml
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Factory Honda Dual Sport Wiring? PLEASE ADVISE Empty i have this model

Post  Guest Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 am

new zealand brp have aussie specs, i did have it plated , std ind had 10wt bulbs, stock h/light was so bad , a good torch was a vast improvement, it has a reg/rectifyer unit with a capaciter to enable running horn/indies, im in process of fittng electosport hi-power stator+ h/duty reg/rec, as im keen on lights that enable you to see

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down