Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XR650R New Owner.. LET THE FUN BEGIN IN.. The North East

Go down

XR650R New Owner.. LET THE FUN BEGIN IN.. The North East Empty XR650R New Owner.. LET THE FUN BEGIN IN.. The North East

Post  Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:51 pm

hey Lads just bought a XR650R 03. It has been stood in a garage for about 5 years and only done 3000 miles.. I have been looking to restore it in the last couple of days although i cannot find anything on ebay within the uk because everything comes from the united states. Just wondering if any of you guys on here know of any websites i can restore parts like handlebars, plastics, graphics, exhaust, airfilter etc etc cheers !!!!!!

Back to top Go down

XR650R New Owner.. LET THE FUN BEGIN IN.. The North East Empty Re: XR650R New Owner.. LET THE FUN BEGIN IN.. The North East

Post  Mauser Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Welcome...what you mean you cannot find any websites within the UK....try google our site is number 1.... listen up 
www.xr650r.co.uk
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

XR650R New Owner.. LET THE FUN BEGIN IN.. The North East Empty Re: XR650R New Owner.. LET THE FUN BEGIN IN.. The North East

Post  Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:14 pm

Hi welcome , from sunny North east 2 thumbs  , the exhaust should be easy to sort out , have it sand blasted and repainted with heat resistant paint , take all the wheelbearings and suspension bearings out soon as possible and give them some grease , take the chain adjuster screws out and give them plenty of grease , copperslip works best ( this is a must trust me Wink  ) , take the carbie apart and give it a good cleaning , keep eye on the oil level some xr's are drinking oil , oil change never hurts and of course good clean and oiled air filter ,.... that willl do for the starts Bananatool  , let us know if you need some help , and i have some spare parts too .

I have just returned from Westgate road , needed new jacket and gloves , also to check out the Kawa Z1000SX  , God i like it Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:48 am

aye frosty well its not my first bike ive had a few. so restoring it should be a piece of cake..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:17 pm

Keep us updated about the progress  nice 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

"aye frosty"

Watchit Maddy, he's an Irishman, best ignore him!
 BRP smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down