Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trail Tech Vapor power question

Go down

Trail Tech Vapor power question Empty Trail Tech Vapor power question

Post  Guest Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:11 pm

I'm looking at installing a Trail Tech Vapor and was wondering if it has to have a constant power source (external battery) or if it will run off the XRR as-is, tapped into the headlight. Trail Tech Vapor power question 372130

Back to top Go down

Trail Tech Vapor power question Empty Re: Trail Tech Vapor power question

Post  Guest Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:39 am

They have a internal battery that will allow it to work with no external power, at least thats what my manual leads me to believe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:15 pm

as far as i know the vapor does have an internal battery which will run most of the functions by itself, there is also the option of wireing direct to the bikes battery if it has one, if not you can tap into the bikes wireing system,this will activate all the vapors functions (recommended), your on the right track with the headlight, mine is tapped into the brake light system as this is always live(soon as you kick the bike up the vapor powers up too). hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 8:32 pm

carbonz4me wrote:as far as i know the vapor does have an internal battery which will run most of the functions by itself, there is also the option of wireing direct to the bikes battery if it has one, if not you can tap into the bikes wireing system,this will activate all the vapors functions (recommended), your on the right track with the headlight, mine is tapped into the brake light system as this is always live(soon as you kick the bike up the vapor powers up too). hope this helps.
Will the stock stator have enough juice to power ir or does it have to be rewound for more power.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 9:52 am

the stock stator will be fine no need for a rewind listen up

Back to top Go down

Trail Tech Vapor power question Empty OEM Stator will work

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 5:31 pm

I think you are good with the stock stator even if you run all the sensors the Vapor comes with. But they are great on the phone so I'd call to be certain of any caveats.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:24 am

I have the Vapor. Just wire it to the DC circuit. It will work without external power, but has no continuous backlight. Caveat: the internal battery suffers from contact problems with vibrations. Remedy: spray the battery compartment with WD40.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down