Honda XR650R Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New owner of a BRP

Go down

New owner of a BRP Empty New owner of a BRP

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Just picked up a 2000 xr650r (I love this bike!) I want to make it street legal. I was looking at the Baja Designs kit but it doesn’t look like I would be able to use a different headlight with it. So I did some research and found that the Vancouver Super Moto “Warness” would allow me to do so but, I don’t want to order off their website because their security certificate has run out. Is there a dual sport kit that I can install that would allow me to use a different headlight? Would I be able to make the Baja kit work with a different headlight? The Baja kit seems like it would be an easier install than the VSM Warness. Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

New owner of a BRP Empty Re: New owner of a BRP

Post  Mauser Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Do what I did and fit a UK/European loom and stator.....you can use any headlight along with the proper switchgear for indicators etc.
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:15 pm

Mauser wrote:Do what I did and fit a UK/European loom and stator.....you can use any headlight along with the proper switchgear for indicators etc.
Okay cool... Where can I find one? Is it a direct replacement for the USA model? (easy install?)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mauser Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:22 pm

Ebay UK or Europe, dead easy pull stator cover (new gasket handy), swap stator 3 bolts.
Remove stock loom and fit new 1 along with regulator and rectifier etc....about 20 minutes work.
All plug and play cannot really go wrong listen up
Mauser
XRR Monger

XR650R Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Mauser wrote:Ebay UK or Europe, dead easy pull stator cover (new gasket handy), swap stator 3 bolts.
Remove stock loom and fit new 1 along with regulator and rectifier etc....about 20 minutes work.
All plug and play cannot really go wrong listen up
Is this the loom?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=xr650r+loom+stator&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=honda+xr650r+loom+&_sacat=0

Is this the stator?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-200-2007-XR650R-XR-650-HIGH-OUTPUT-STATOR-/251227959944?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7e5a7288

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down